Thursday, June 12, 2008

My Mom is the best!

Last night on my way home from a Dodge Foundation workshop in New Brunswick I made a detour to meet Mom in the parking lot of the Riverside Gallery in Pottersville for the drop. This one of several spots where theses exchanges take place. More common is the parking lot of Christie Hoffman Park. I use the word "exchanges" here but more often than not these are one way transactions. This was no different. I was the happy recipient of a supermarket shopping bag filled with leftovers from the Newark Conservancy picnic held that afternoon at Mom and Dad's house. We called it dinner!

The goods included chicken salad with halved green grapes and just enough and not too much tarragon, curried couscous salad, a ziplock bag of washed lettuces from their garden, two containers of chocolate-covered mini pretzels, one milk chocolate and one peanut butter (how many of those did I eat between there and Califon?), a bag of chocolate chip cookies (fortunately I didn't find these until after I got home) and a bag of washed and trimmed strawberries. Not only was there no dinner to be prepared but it was delicious. Today I added watermelon and called it lunch...

No comments: